National Arboretum Bald Eagle Nest Cam
CHAT INFORMATION AND ETIQUETTE
HELP US MAKE OUR CHAT ROOM FUN & FRIENDLY
- To sign up for chat, please click here for complete directions.
- We ask all chat guests to be respectful, polite, and focused on eagles.
- First and foremost, the AEF National Arboretum Eagle Cam Chat Room is a family and classroom friendly place and we ask that all chat guests respect the diversity of the room. Profanity, personal invective, or other inappropriate comments will not be tolerated. Disagreements might be unavoidable but should remain polite, and they should never become arguments. Chatting is a privilege, not a right. If your presence is disruptive or inappropriate, moderators (mods) can timeout, kick, or permanently ban chat abusers, and can delete inappropriate posts.
- We request that guests refrain from touching on politics, religion, sports, TV shows, personal medical issues, and other unrelated topics. Although we respect your political views, please do not post them in the main chat, since this is not a forum for political issues.
- While we appreciate the knowledge chatters have gained through chat, we ask that they refrain from answering questions asked by fellow chatters, allowing the Moderators to respond, avoiding confusion or possibly posting incorrect information. If chat is busy and a question gets missed by a Moderator, feel free to provide the correct answer.
- We prefer that chatters focus on the National Arboretum eagles featured on this page. We are aware that many of our chatters view other nests and like to share the news (eaglet hatchings, etc.), which is acceptable. However, please keep information from other nests to a minimum so we don’t confuse other chatters. If you feel the need to discuss other topics, please do so by using Private Messages (PMs).
- Due to how much space they take up in the chat window, we ask for Chat guests to not post strings of several emoticons, smileys, or random characters, either on a single line or in successive posts. We also prefer that guests not post in all caps, as it can sometimes be interpreted as YELLING.
- Our Moderators volunteer their time to this project. We kindly ask that chat guests respect the Mods, who are here to make sure all viewers have a good experience.
- The extension _AEF after a User name designates an AUTHORIZED moderator who has been Approved by the American Eagle Foundation to act on behalf of AEF in our chat room. NO ONE ELSE will be permitted to use the extension _AEF after their name. If you set up a username that would lead people to believe you are an agent of AEF, when in fact you are not, you will be blocked from chat. So please do not do that! We want everyone to be able to chat, but we have to protect our “official” name.
- If you have questions about the Eagles and would like to have a more in-depth conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to have technical questions about Chat answered, or if you are having problems setting up an account, you may send an email to email@example.com.
Thanks for visiting! Please tell your friends about us, and come back often.