National Arboretum Bald Eagle Nest Cam
Like what you see?
The American Eagle Foundation is a public 501(c)3 charitable organization. Contributions to the American Eagle Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. The AEF’s Tax Identification Number is 58-1652023.
If you would like to donate specifically to the DC Eagle Cam Project, we will make sure to allocate 100% of your donation to the operating costs of this cam project. Donations help the AEF keep the program going, due to high streaming costs and camera maintenance.
The American Eagle Foundation is an experienced provider of stunning and educational digital experiences through our Educational Eagle Nest Cam Program. We are delighted that our first season streaming the Washington DC eagle cam nest was a huge success, with over 60 million views. We use the finest quality cameras and stream with reliable and high definition providers. Our cam operators, scattered over the United States, are capable, experienced, and dedicated in bringing all the special moments in the nest to your own computer or mobile device. Our Chat room is monitored by individuals who know eagles, who are conservation advocates, and who welcome each and every visitor into our group. They are patient, polite, and always ready to assist.
In addition to private viewing, our eagle cams are watched by many classrooms, whose teachers sing our praises. A few testimonials follow.
East Milton Elementary School students watch our eagle nest in NEFL, guided by teacher Mrs. Geneva Holt and classroom volunteer Chris Bevans.
At Middleton High School, Middleton, TN, Ms. Angela French’s class has enjoyed watching bald eagles and the offspring from the NEFL nest.
Jodi Heaney’s 6th grade class at Parchment Middle School in Parchment, Michigan, were frequent virtual visitors to the cams
Keri Schmid’s class at York Academy Regional Charter School in York, PA has enjoyed watching and learning about bald eagles from our moderators at the NEFL nest.
Testimonials From Viewers
- Lincoln3: Third graders love, love, love all the mods, camera person, our eagle family, and will continue to “perch” daily to learn more! Thank you for your patience. We love it!
- MsAng: I love watching my kids’ expressions as they watch this nest. I wish you could see them when they share with other students and faculty. They have sparkles in their eyes and excitement in their voices. It’s magical. Vocabulary is increasing. Reading fluency is up.
- Roy: Kids watching. Asking questions, reading. Answers provided from those who have a passion for and have studied the grand birds [our mods]. Kids’ awareness of eagles raised, perhaps stimulating their interest in wildlife in general. The technology for it all. It’s just stunning. I am humbled to witness this.
- MsStoner: (I just love it!) You and all the moderators and zoomers are just out of this world. Your love for what you are doing and the patience and love for fellow eagle lovers, young and old, make your nest addicting! One can feel “love” the chatters and all of you share. It’s just — I don’t know — I’m not sure Webster has a strong enough name for it!
- Martee: I stream this all day in our library for students as they come in and out to get books. They love watching the eagles and are excited to be back next week to see the little ones.
Testimonials From Viewers
- Marion: I love watching these two parents and their devotion to the young. Thank you so much for the “window” into the intimate lives of the Wild.
- Gaye: I have watched a lot of different bird cams & I am so very impressed with the cam quality, amazing cam operators, & knowledgeable mods. You are all first class.
- Barb: I’ve watched lots of cams in the last few years. The streaming from your cams is absolutely awesome! The pictures are SO CLEAR and close up!! I’ve contacted 2 nursing homes in our town so they can watch the goings-on, and I contacted the head of the Science department at our high school. She said there are quite a few students who are interested in nature, and the cam will be a great addition to the classes.
- Jijanell: Thanks for making this such an awesome experience and pleasant place to spend the morning!
- PGlen: With all the troubles in the news, coming to this nest is like finding an oasis in the desert. Thank you for being here.
- Trippical: This is a life-changing experience for me, in so many ways. I have spent the last couple of months GLUED to this screen. The anticipation of PIP, the excitement of hatch, the fears, the tears—I feel as though I am there. THANK YOU AEF!!! from the bottom of my heart!